vendredi 27 juin 2014

Laguna II ESP Fault DF075 Steering Angle Sensor

I just wanted to share my experience.



My Laguna II had been giving an ESP fault which my CliP device revealed to be error DF075 'Steering Wheel Angle Sensor Signal'.



There is a sensor behind the steering wheel which detects the angle and in my case it was miss-aligned. Presumably if the wires or the device itself are faulty you will also get this error.



Anyway, you can get to it quite easily:



1) Remove airbag. Firstly disconnect the battery. There is a little hole in the back of the steering wheel and if you put a screwdriver in there you can press a metal spring-clip. Just push it, nothing special. At the same time push the airbag upwards. It will slide up off it's clips and you can then take it out. There are two connectors on it (green left, blue right) which need to be taken out before you can put the airbag to one side. Try to keep the airbag facing away from you, just in case it goes off.



2) Disconnect the steering wheel control connectors. There are two plugs.



3) Un-do the central bolt that holds the steering wheel on. It is a large torx. I'm not sure what side since my torx driver was too rusty to see the markings! It's quite big though, more tham y usual domestic kit had in it. Luckily I had one from doing the lower ball joints previously on my Pug 306.



4) Take the wheel off and you can see the rotational sensor.



In my case this sensor had been spun around many times, presumably when someone had taken the steering wheel off to do other work. You most likely can't get this back in the right positon without the Renault CliP device to read out the angle signal the car is getting. In my case it was reading -700deg!!!



Looking at the CliP readout I span the sensor around until it read 0Deg and put the steering wheel, controls and airbag carefully back on. I erased the fault code and job done :) No ESP fault!



You can see here my steering wheel is resting at -3deg. Obviously 0deg is straight ahead but the road camber pulls it a little where I parked.



















Note: Please let me know if you can or can't see the photos I've just changed to using Google Photos and someone told me I need to make them public.




1 commentaire: