dimanche 14 septembre 2014

Renault Scenic 2003 1.4 Blower Motor removal

My blower motor has blown (and not the way it's meant to). Water got into the system. My pal (who is a bit more car savvy) has helped me locate it - found it on the passenger side behind the glovebox. He tested it with his multimeter and it definitely needs replaced. But we cannot get it out!



Unbolted it and it drops down but gets caught on a metal spur which is welded to the body. We tried for ages and dismantled most of the facia but just can't get to it. Have seen threads where it has been suggested to remove the glovebox - but mine is a moulded part of the facia. The fachia has some removable bolts but also a lot of fixed rivets - do I have to burst these??



There is something to the right of the motor which we couldn't identify. We thought removing that would allow more play but the area where the fixing bolts are located are too narrow for the socket head!! Frustratingly we had to replace everything including the motor so that I can get to work tomorrow. How on earth am I meant to get it out (and get a new one in)?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire