mardi 18 août 2015

Megane Cabriolet MK1 2.0 16v 1998 Erratic Idle

Hello Forum
First post on this great site. I recently bought a Renault Megane Cabriolet MK1 2.0 16v 1998 as a bit of project. With the car costing sub £400 I knew I would encounter a few problems but have been pleasantly surprised just how few there have been.
I do have one niggling problem which does not affect the general driving. The engine starts and runs fine, but once warm the idle becomes slightly erratic when not under load. When driving under load the motor is faultless with no flat spots, but when waiting at junctions or in traffic the idle blips slightly between 600-1000rpm. Whilst it has never cutout I can see the problem getting worse.
As a result I performed a basic service. Having changed the oil, filter, spark plugs and air filter I have noticed no difference in the idle problem. Does anyone have any ideas as to the rootcause. I recognise there maybe a number of issues but would like to address them in an ordered manner.
Regards Lewis


Megane Cabriolet MK1 2.0 16v 1998 Erratic Idle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire