mercredi 19 août 2015

2001 Clio 1.2 16V - Loom repaired, missfire?

Hello all,

Recently I picked up a 2001 Clio 1.2 16V as spares or repair due to a running problem.

After getting the car home and checking the forum, the first place I looked was the wiring loom from the engine sensors to the ecu, known for rubbing on the security box and shorting.

Sure enough, one wire had rubbed through. I removed the top of the box and re insulated the wire.

At the same time just to be on the safe side I replaced the MAP sensor and ignition coil/leads from a much newer clio campus which was accident damaged at the local scrap yard.

I have done around 100 miles in the car. and noticed the throttle response was poor, one time bogging, throwing the eml and going into limp mode (no more than 30mph top speed)

After looking at the throttle body it was pretty bunged up with oil. So I removed and cleaned the throttle body and breather pipes.

After which the car seemed to drive spot on. The ecu had stored codes relating to the lambda sensors reading too rich. Which I think was miss fueling due to the dirty throttle body. This hasn't happened since and the car seemed spot on. until yesterday...

After coming to it in the soaking rain. I fired it up and it started straight away. After a couple of minutes it started juddering. No warning lights but the juddering was getting worse (mainly high load low rpm situations) and eventually a lumpy idle. I opened the bonnet and hear what sounded like slight cracking noises from the top of the engine every time the car missfired. could this be the spark plug leads arching?

Would it be wise to swap the coil back to the original as I don't think this was the issue the car had in the first place? Also the clio campus coil is mounted in a different place leading to the spark plug leads being placed under tension when fitted to my non-campus model (ecu mounted on the back of the engine rather than the bulkhead)

Any help would be great. I think I have about tried everything else!

Thanks,

Mike.


2001 Clio 1.2 16V - Loom repaired, missfire?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire