samedi 22 août 2015

axle stand location

Silly question but recently Ive been working under my Scenic 1.5dci (2004) and Ive had it on axle stands.
Suddenly I thought were they in the correct place, the car hasn't dropped on me yet, and after consulting the haynes manual for what its worth it says put them in the jacking points. This I find stupid as I only have the jack the car came with so its impossible to do so. Ive also read that they are not so good there and can damage the car.
Whats the safest place to put them when working on the engine?
Ive had them on some rather sturdy looking part that sort of to the side of the wheels and it seems to have worked but its now worrying me as I have to do some rather heavy spanner work that may require the assistance of the odd hammer!
Help please??
Photo of diagram would be helpful.


axle stand location

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire