jeudi 13 août 2015

Brand new Megane 1.5 dci 95bhp - humming noise when accelerating

Hi all, I would appreciate an opinion from someone who knows more about engines than myself!

I purchased a brand new Megane 1.5 dci 95bph a couple of weeks ago.

Other than it being more sluggish in pulling off at the lights than my previous 2012 1.5dci 90bhp, I have the following problem:

When accelerating (especially gently) I can hear a humming noise (more a hum than a whistle), not unlike if you ran your finger around the edge of a glass and got a high pitch hum.

This is intermittent, but nearly always happens at about 1,250 revs to 1,500 in first/second gear. Also in higher gears at low revs.

It's audible to passengers also. I've brought the car back to my Renault dealer and stupidly left it with them with a verbal explanation instead of sitting in the car with them and making sure they heard it. Anyway, they came back to me and said that all recent Renault dci's have some sort of whine and it's nothing to worry about.

Even so, it'd driving me mad because I've latched onto the noise every time I drive. As I say, it might last a few seconds as I accelerate, then disappear, and reappear as I change gear and accelerate again. On some occasions I can hear a much quieter version of it while idle.

Any ideas? :o


Brand new Megane 1.5 dci 95bhp - humming noise when accelerating

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire