jeudi 13 août 2015

Espace 3.0dci - Air in the diesel fuel line

How much air would you expect to see in the input fuel pipe to the fuel filter?

I keep finding air in the pipe on the input side to the filter, between the priming bulb & filter unit. Usually about 4-5 inches of pipe length. When I bleed using the priming bulb, more air comes out from the bulb into the pipe which I also bleed out. I think it may be the source of acceleration problems and perhaps the cause of the SCV failure I had earlier this year. I'd be interested to hear if others with working diesels also see air in their pipe & so it is normal?

I have tried wrapping bulb in self-amalgamating tape as I read people on this form having issues with the bulb. If it's not the bulb, I'm now suspicious about the connectors but don't see how I can check, nor are there any replacement parts for it, or for the air bleed valve itself.

Car starts fine & seems to such the air into the filter.

I'm nervous that getting the SCVs replaced has fixed a fault which was caused by a fault which still exists. Hence, I may end up needing to get the SCVs in the fuel pump changed again. :mad:

TIA

JJ


Espace 3.0dci - Air in the diesel fuel line

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire