dimanche 16 août 2015

Espace cruise control fixed

Hi All
Just thought I would post how I managed to make my automatic espace iv cruise control working again.
I have used this feature lots of times before and it has worked perfectly, but when I pressed the cruise control selector switch on my centre console recently it wouldn't hold down.
I removed the switch and gently removed the rocker switch off the top, there are two pieces of springy steel at each end of switch that hold it in the selected position, these needed squeezing together a little so that they stuck out a bit further.
I reassembled the switch and refitted it so that when I selected the cruise or speed limiter position they now appear on the dash screen but the cruise still wouldn't work.
I have found from my research that all the foot pedals are monitored with switches and if they are not responding then the ecu will not let the car activate the cruise control facility.
After checking my brake pedal I found that the switch was only just being pressed by the pedal so I pulled down on the post coming out of the switch so that it clicked once, making the post longer.
The cruise control now works fine again . care should be taken when adjusting the brake pedal switch because if it is too short the brake lights will stay on all the time, but if it is adjusted too long the brake lights will not come on until the pedal is pressed a long way down.
I hope this helps and I am happy to answer any questions if I can that anyone might have.


Espace cruise control fixed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire