jeudi 20 août 2015

Help oil leak!

Today I spent 3 hours battling to remove the oil filter on my Scenic 1.5 DCI (2004), I'm sure it was welded on!
No tools worked at all and I've spent a fortune, resorted to the trusty screwdriver and hammer method.
The new one went on like a dream and the new oil poured in, she started like new but now I have an oil leak from a bolt that lies just below the filter when looking at the car from underneath. It's impossible to get to from the top and hard enough from underneath as the filter lies above it.
I though at first I hadn't put the filter on tight enough but I can't get that off now and the leak is from said bolt.
I'm hoping that somehow it came loose, maybe I tapped it with the screwdriver when battling the filter.
Does anyone know what it is and if tightening will help?
Obviously trying to tighten it would help but after buying new sockets to fit it as it's around 20-25mm my bloody wrench doesn't fit it and I can't be bothered going back to Halfords today.
It would have been cheaper to get them to do the oil change and it's breaking me, any ideas?
By the way the fuel filter took 5 mins to change, why can't Renault make everything that easy??:(


Help oil leak!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire