Hi Guys,
i am completely new at these forums, so i do apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place. The thing is I really need some good advice on what to do with my van? I only bought it 3 weeks ago from a private seller so sold as seen. At the time it was running absolutely fine and started on the button, but then last week it didn't seem to want to start and when it did there was loads of smoke out of the exhaust and started hunting too?
I have done the injector cup test last night with my mechanic friend and I can confirm that the injector on the drivers side is failing. Now I was going to buy a complete new set of injectors, but upon inspection my friend also discovered that the turbo is caked inside with a thick sludge of oil, also found air in the fuel lines from the filter leading to the injectors and it now has also has developed a slight knock when revving it 2-3 rpm. Could all of the symptoms be caused by that faulty injector, or do I have multiple issues going on here?
So the question I wanted to ask you all, do I cut my losses and sell the van as a spares and repairs, or do you think its worth a go with buying a second hand injector to start with and see if that eliminates any of the problems?
The van has done 137k on a 55 plate and in the short time I have owned it I have already replaced the cam belt, water pump, glow plugs, oil and filter
I look forward to your responses
Many thanks
Kevin
i am completely new at these forums, so i do apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place. The thing is I really need some good advice on what to do with my van? I only bought it 3 weeks ago from a private seller so sold as seen. At the time it was running absolutely fine and started on the button, but then last week it didn't seem to want to start and when it did there was loads of smoke out of the exhaust and started hunting too?
I have done the injector cup test last night with my mechanic friend and I can confirm that the injector on the drivers side is failing. Now I was going to buy a complete new set of injectors, but upon inspection my friend also discovered that the turbo is caked inside with a thick sludge of oil, also found air in the fuel lines from the filter leading to the injectors and it now has also has developed a slight knock when revving it 2-3 rpm. Could all of the symptoms be caused by that faulty injector, or do I have multiple issues going on here?
So the question I wanted to ask you all, do I cut my losses and sell the van as a spares and repairs, or do you think its worth a go with buying a second hand injector to start with and see if that eliminates any of the problems?
The van has done 137k on a 55 plate and in the short time I have owned it I have already replaced the cam belt, water pump, glow plugs, oil and filter
I look forward to your responses
Many thanks
Kevin
what do i do with my 2005 Kangoo 1.5dci van?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire