mardi 11 août 2015

2003 phase ii Laguna 1.9 DCI

Good Evening

Ok, as mentioned beforehand, I have recently acquired a 2003 Laguna Dynamique estate, thing is, the service history is none existant for the last 30,000 on the clock although the oil is clean and the air filter is too. So assuming that this whole area is a blank, what would people recommend as the first jobs to do regarding the Engine?

My thinking is,

Replace or clean the EGR Valve
Oil, filter and air filter change
Replace the intercooler hose (as it feels a bit "squidgy" to me
Flush and refill the coolant system
Timing belt, without seeing this job done, I am always sceptical when people say this has been done but there is nothing to show it has been done, you thoughts to the above?

So what is the recommended lubricant and coolant for these engines, My preference for oils has always been fully synthetic and always changed at 5000 miles, (is it true that the service interval for oil is 18,000 for these cars?) that seems very excessive to me but as this is my first diesel, It is a learning curve I suppose.

Other jobs that need doing are the drivers window wont go down, I can hear the motor spin but no movement, looking at pictures etc, I am assuming that it is a broken cable? is it simpler to buy and fit a repair kit or just hunt a new or good second hand regulator assembly? your thoughts.

And finally.....

Yep, the keycard, I have one and will need a spare, is this a dealer only job or can it be entrusted to a reputable autolocksmith?
On the subject of keys, the manual back up key is missing, would I be correct in assuming that this is a dealer only job as they would need chassis number?

best regards and thanks in advance


2003 phase ii Laguna 1.9 DCI

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire