mercredi 12 août 2015

2011 Trafic Quickshift issue in 1st/reverse with no throttle

Hi all,

I needed a van for my business and have a dodgy left knee, so I went for a 2011 Trafic SL29 DCi 115 Quickshift, which I picked up last Thursday. The gear changes are terrible, but there's not much choice of automatics in medium sized vans.

After driving it for a few days, I'm fairly sure it has a problem, which the trader I bought it from assures me it hasn't...

If I put it into 1st or reverse and come off the brake without touching the accelerator, it stutters as though it is going to stall, but manages to recover itself. It does this repeatedly every second or two until the accelerator is pressed, but does it again as soon as I come off the accelerator. The only way to comat this issue is to touch the accelerator, but this causes the van to move too quickly for some parking or reversing maneuvers.

The other day I was reversing about 20 feet up a very, very slight incline. This additional pressure on the engine caused it to bounce vigorously all the way back, a bit like a learner driver does when they come off the clutch too quickly without giving it any accelerator.

This doesn't feel right at all - surely the engine should be fueled enough to slowly creep forwards/backwards without jerking. It sounds as though it is damaging the engine.

Can anybody confirm whether this is normal behavior please? Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Andy


2011 Trafic Quickshift issue in 1st/reverse with no throttle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire