mercredi 12 août 2015

Scenic Mk2 2004 1.4 Hazard lights flash after a while whilst locked.

Hi

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I couldn;t find anything exactly like it though!

I've just bought a 2004 Scenic Mk2 1.4l. It's bene ok for the month I've had it but since yesterday after I lock the doors the hazards start flashing. It seems random, sometimes it'll be after a couple of hours, sometimes after a few minutes. Anyways it flattened my battery this morning which wasn't ideal!

I've tried leaving the doors unlocked, leaving the keycard in the slot, leaving the system in ready mode, (like ready for ignition rather than off), all to no avail, (it turns itself off after a while even with the keycard in..).

When the hazards start flashing, the display lights up to show they're on, but leaves the rest blank, (it's had a replacement dash at some point). So it shows the doors status, (shut), petrol indicator, (no level though as if it's in standby mode), but nothing else. No clock, no temp light, no trip computer display. no time.

I cannot turn the flashers off until I have put the card in and press start. Only then am I able to turn them off. They'll then stay off until the system is turned off again. The hazards do not engage whilst driving along or at any time whilst the system is active.

I'm assuming this is something to do with the alarm maybe..? I read somewhere that water can get into the alarm box under the w/screen wipers but it hasn't been raining at all! So perhaps a dodgy wire/loose connector..? Anyone else who's had a similar issue and can give me pointers would be my hero(ine)!! It's driving me batty getting to the car but being unable to start it due to a flat battery!!!


Scenic Mk2 2004 1.4 Hazard lights flash after a while whilst locked.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire