jeudi 13 août 2015

Blown engine immediately after cam belt change

I am seeking advice about my Megane 2 1.4DCI - 05 Reg.
My car went in for the annual MOT and failed the emission test. The car had not had a cambelt change so I asked for that to be done and an oil flush and change at the same time.. This was duly changed and apparently they revved the engine to the extent that it shut down. Their investigations, they say, revealed that the turbo sucked through oil which caused the engine to shut down. They said I would need a new turbo. They then did further investigation and decided that the valves were bent and that basically I would need a new or reconditioned engine! My question to the experts is " does this seem to be a valid consequence or has their, perhaps excessive revving of the engine been the contributing factor and does this seem to be a fair assessment?" I would appreciate any advice and guidance you may be able to give me.


Blown engine immediately after cam belt change

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire