dimanche 23 août 2015

Cat D 2008 Megane 1.5DCI wont start

Hello all,
I have just bought myself a 2008 Megane 1.5 DCi 6 speed that's recently been involved in a minor accident (front bumper & wing).


It's assigned a cat D so enough damage to write it off.
The airbags haven't been deployed. I assume the engine must have been running prior to the accident ..the car is showing 55,000 miles.

Unfortunately it won't start - the engine turns over normally on the starter but shows no sign of firing. I had a look for some kind of inertia fuel cut of switch but can't find one. The pipe going into the air con condenser is kinked at the bottom but the radiator is undamaged. The washer bottle is in the boot and smashed.

Car hasn't been hit hard enough to bend chassis rails or wheel hubs etc. as far as I can see.
The primer bulb appears to build up pressure and is supplying fuel to the pump okay so the fuel line appears to be okay.

The damage is mostly on the drivers corner.. no fuse boxes or wiring are affected as far as I can see. All multi plugs and sensors seem to be attached.

I must have overlooked something but don't know where to look next. Is it possible for these to be immobilized even when the airbags don't deploy?.
Any help appreciated from owners and technicians :)


Cat D 2008 Megane 1.5DCI wont start

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire