dimanche 16 août 2015

'Check Parking brake' - error interpretation using DDT2000

So last year, my Grand Scenic (2006) failed its MOT with a 'check parking brake' warning on the dashboard...the garage charged me £25+VAT to clear the message...it came back within 2 miles! (I didn't go back to the garage cos their hourly rate make my eyes pop out).

So I've put up with this dashboard warning message for the best part of a year...my next MOT is due, so towards addressing the problem (problem = getting the car through its MOT) I went & ordered a £4 VAG cable off Ebay ( http://ift.tt/1PsYGxX), loaded DDT2000 software on my laptop & cleared the dashboard error down ...wrt the error, the DDT software said something along the lines of 'no error code' in database...but the software did trap there was an error - so my question is there another database I'm meant to load to interpret the error I was seeing (I've cleared the error now, but it'll likely come back!)

(my parking brake doesn't auto release - which I'm figuring is what the original dashboard error relates to - rhe manual parking brake release lever works fine....but I was hoping for more clues as to why it's not auto releasing)


'Check Parking brake' - error interpretation using DDT2000

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire