vendredi 14 août 2015

Clio cigarette lighter and radio memory

Hi there
I recently bought my first car, a 2002 Clio 1.2 and am having a few problems.

The radio (which is not the original radio) is unable to hold any saved settings, so whenever I turn off the engine the whole radio resets itself despite me saving the stations etc.

Also the cigarette lighter doesn't work properly - it generates heat so would probably be able to light a cigarette but it doesn't give power to any adaptors, so I cannot charge my phone or anything. I have tried different adaptors all of which do not charge.

I have been told that these two problems are likely to be linked as the radio memory and the cigarette lighter run off the same wiring/fuses.

Looking at the fuses in the panel behind the passenger door they all seem fine, but I have read that there is another 20A fuse located beneath the ash tray. I've taken the ashtray out and it looks as though there is a slot to insert a fuse however I don't know how or where to put it in as when I tried to insert a fuse it wouldn't go in. Obviously it might not even be this that is causing the issue though.

Can anybody help?Thanks in advance :)


Clio cigarette lighter and radio memory

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire