vendredi 21 août 2015

F9Q Engine compatability.

I asked this question myself a while ago, but at that time did not receive a conclusive answer. I have an '06 Trafic (F9Q 760) that had a blown engine and wanted to know if any other 1.9dci codes would fit. I eventually spoke to a local renault tech and was advised that the Laguna 2 engines made a good substitute.
So I found an engine from an '06 Laguna, an F0Q 758, and proceded to change necessary parts to fit my van.
Other that the obvious things such as manifolds, alternator bracket/alternator etc., the following were necessary to change:
Vacuum pump (pipes different angles)
Crankshaft pulley
Oil pressure switch (different multiplug)
Breather pipe from sump needed blocking off (could have changed sump but took the easier option)
Dipstick tube/filler neck needed changing
Breather pipe in block (Trafic was straight and Laguna was a 90 degree bend)
Didn't come with a flywheel so fitted my own anyway.
All went well, van is now MOT'd awaiting the 1st of Sept to go on the road.


F9Q Engine compatability.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire