mercredi 12 août 2015

Scenic 1.9dci blowing water out of expansion tank

So another challenge in the quest to keep my Grand Scenic (2004) on the road!

Having rebuilt the top end some months ago (recon head, new gasket, timing belt, water pump etc etc) all was well until a couple of weeks ago when I discovered water being blown out of the expansion tank. This is most noticeable on longer journeys of about 50 miles or more. There are no indications of overheating - temp indicator stays in the middle as it always has done.

Clearly there is excess pressure being generated somewhere. Assuming (! Dangerous I know!) that all my previous work has stayed intact, any thoughts on what else could be causing this? I have replaced the cap but still the same problem and water clearly exits via the cap as the traces of water are clear to see. :confused:


Scenic 1.9dci blowing water out of expansion tank

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire