lundi 10 août 2015

Water in fuse box!!

Ok, I know next to nothing about the mechanics of cars so bare with me! Vehicle in question is a 2004 Megane II Dynamique 1.6dci.

Basically, I drove through a series of shallowish puddles earlier with no apparent difficulty. Parked up and returned a few hours later to find a dead dash. No readings or fault notifications, just dead. The immobiliser red light appeared to be flashing still, and the clock/radio, windows and wipers are still working. However, no main dash, or engine starting at all!

After about ten minutes I noticed a strange buzzing noise coming from under the bonnet, which I opened to quickly discover water had splashed in and around the fuse box. I tried to take off the cover with no joy, and in a panic my lift arrived and I stupidly didn't disconnect the battery.

So... is there hope still left?? Is it merely a case of replacing the fuse box after it's dried out? Costly?!

HELP


Water in fuse box!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire