mardi 18 août 2015

Grand scenic a smoker at startup - valueless?

I've had my Grand Scenic car for a few years...I fancy a change, here's the thing, when I start up the enginer from it standing overnight, there's a puff of smoke, then afterwards...it's fine, no smoke (it doesn't seem to be burning oil - seldom put oil in it, oil level doesn't drop much)

Re selling secondhand - now I could be sneaky & before any viewing just go out & start it 10 minutes before - then it won't smoke when the potential buyer looks it over, but I'm not like that & would rather declare it ...but I'm thinking here that most buyers will not be interested at the idea of smoke at startup (even though it's been like this for years!).

I don't want to spend money on it if I'm selling it....what's the thought here - trade it in (I have no qualms selling it to a big dealer without declaring it!)...or declare it in an Private Sale Advert?

P.S. I know the problem depends on the reason for the smoke...to be candid, I'm not sure what colour it is (I keep meaning to ask my missues to start while I go & view it!), but it does whiff of diesel/oil ...but only immediately after ignition


Grand scenic a smoker at startup - valueless?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire