vendredi 5 octobre 2018

Renault Scenic 2.0 16v rear main leak **Fixed**

Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum
Renault Scenic 2.0 16v rear main leak **Fixed**
I have a renailt scenic which came in with a half-rebuilt engine. Dis the engine still in place and on running it there was quite a bad leak from the bell housing. Took iut the gearbox, sure enough there was a show of oil running down tge rear main seal. Fitted a new seal, reassemble. Leak was worse, so i pulked out the rear main bearing, rwmoved the torn rubber sauer seal insetts m, refitted the bearing, torwed it, and pumped silicone sealer until it swuezzed through all possibke openings. Left it overnight. Still leaks, even worse now. The box is now out for 4 th time and all said n done there is just no way this can be so. No cracks, no gaps, good quality seal was fitted and even tightened up a touch
Feel like I should tow it to the locsl scrap yard.... ANY ideas please?
abs continuously running
the abs light has been on for a while as well as an intermittent STOP and check parking brake and brakes. today after a wee jount i parked up the car. the abs pump is still running while the egnition is off and the car is locked. iv had to disconnect the battery. any ideas?
Scenic mk1 2002 gearbox selector spring
Hello everyone. New to this forum. Posted this in wrong section earlier (My Mottah...sorry)

Sorry if there is a thread already regarding this query also.

I wonder if anyone maybe able to help me.
I am trying to source what I believe is called the gearbox selector spring for my Scenic Mk1 2002 1.8L Dynamique.

I called my local Renault dealership today, & the guy in parts managed to provide me with a part number 7701685500, but then proceeded to inform that the part is no longer available from Renault.

It is visually identical to the spring in the 1st attachment, & part no.23 in 2nd attachment

Does anyone know where such a part can be sourced if Renault no longer stock it???

Many thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	03ebba84.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	167597   Click image for larger version
Name:	retainers.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	167599  
Spare wheel locking nut **Found & Used :-) **
I do not have original books so no numbers to go by, so is there any other way to know what nut i need to get my spare wheel basket down?
Can anybody explain this 1.9 dci breather flow diagram?
Hi, can anybody help me understand the operation of breather flow in the 2005 espace 1.9 dci oil separator –breather valve unit ? (Number 13 in diagram, including the bits below) This appears the same as on 1.9 dci scenic, laguna, megane etc, except some of these models also have a big circular valve vapour valve on the return pipe (number 10) which goes back to the pipe that comes out the air filter box. Not sure why mine does not have it and is pipe number 9 instead.. but the renault dealer said might be automatics have added breathing valves.

See the renault diagram here.. the breather in mine is

[IMG]pic uploader[/IMG]

I made a diagram of what I understand about the crankcase gas flow, and what is not clear. I have moderate blowby so want to test if the breather unit is operating by blowing into it. So I need to understand the gas flow.



It would help if anybody can explain which way round the PCV valve inside the breather controls gas flow.


Does it control the gas coming from the flow of the breather outputs into it (black arrows in diagram).. So to test its operation I would blow in from the side of the unit. At moderate blow it will let what I blow in pass through, on hard blow it will stop the air.

Or does it control the gas flow coming back from the air intake down into the top of the breather to counterbalance the crank gas output at higher rpm ? again to test its operation I would blow in from the side of the unit. At moderate blow it will let what I blow in pass through, on hard blow it will stop the air.

Cheers.. I cant find any explanation of these combined diesel oil separator, valve systems online.
Thought you might enjoy this ,musis a bit naff mind you !
Renault Traffic Link Sat Nav
I have a Traffic crew cab and I have had this from new 2017, it has the Link Sat Nav with Tom Tom, it keeps going off and will not come back on again till the engine is turned off and I open the door, then restart the engine, then it comes back on, Renault have no way to fix this as they have been trying for 9 months, and still not working, is there any other owners out there with the same problem, I have no doubt Renault will stop this because they are so embarrassed about the situation!! it will be intresting..
2007 master side lights and dash lights not working
As per the title. If I try to turn the side lights on, I get nothing, no indication, lights, no voltage at the lights and the dash lights don't come on. If I go to dipped beam, that works but still no dash lights. I presume the dash lights are linked to the side lights.
All other functions on the stalk work perfectly
Car not starting if I dont press the accelerator
I have a clio 3 2009 1.6 the car is showing check injection on the dash. When I start I must press the accelerator for the car to start and when it start it misfire. If I leave the accelerator it switches off. Please help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire