samedi 29 mars 2014

2003 Clio 1.4 starts then cuts out

I'm turning to you wonderful guys for advice on yet another problem with my mums Clio.



As of yesterday it's decided it doesn't want to start properly. It starts up (for all of about 2 seconds) then shudders and cuts out. If I rev the engine for 15 to 20 seconds as soon as it starts then take my foot off the accelerator it will idle fine.



I've been Googling for about an hour and not really got anywhere. One person suggested cleaning the throttle body but I can't find much information on how to do this on a 1.4. Also, with only 36k on the clock, is it likely that the throttle body would need cleaning? I drive a Honda Civic diesel, which has required almost no attention over the last 2 years, so I'm pretty clueless on where to start with a Renault!



It's a 2003, 1.4 16v petrol, with 36k on the clock



Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire