dimanche 30 mars 2014

Clio mk2 - Thinking about getting a new radio - A few questions

Just lately i have been thinking about getting a new radio for my 02 plate Clio. It currently has the factory 'Tuner list' with the separate display in the dash but the sound quality seems a bit poor.



I have been looking at a Sony CDX-DAB700U as it has a DAB radio, aux in and USB which is exactly what I want with a new system. I am looking at Sony as my home audio stuff is Sony and they sound pretty good. Does anybody else have one of these and are they any good? The reviews on it that i have found have been mainly good.



Doing a bit of research i found that to get the stalk (and maybe the display, not sure on this one) working with the new unit I require some leads. I found that the Autoleads PC99-X12 + the Sony patch lead (Autoleads PC99-SON) should do the job but can anybody clarify? Are these the only 2 leads that I need?



From what I was reading, the dashboard needs to be removed to fit the PC99-X12 lead as it needs to plug in the back of the display. How hard is it to remove the dashboard and are there any good tutorials out there?

If the dashboard does indeed need to be removed, would it be worth changing the tweeters in the dashboard for some better ones? If so, does anybody have any suggestions and how easy are they to fit?



I hope somebody can help answer these questions as i want to make this a project for next weekend :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire