vendredi 28 mars 2014

Modus at 10yrs old....the summary!

Now that the first examples of the Modus are coming up for their 10th birthday this year I thought how would we sum it up. My old man has had one for the last 3yrs and it's been a money pit compared to the R19 and Scenic he ran before - both were quite elderly cars when he bought them, yet neither gave him hardly a spot of bother, in fact they were both great cars. But the Modus cost him a fortune as it was only 4 y/o.



Anyway...



GOOD POINTS:



- Nippy in 1.5DCI 86 form (don't forget that £30 road tax)

- Immensely practical (love that Triptic rear seat)

- Doddle to drive

- Generous specification



BAD POINTS



- Feels tinny

- Appalling electrics. I've had blower fans pack up, persistent bulb blows, the main ECU going and now the moon roof giving us bother.

- An absolute swine of a car to work on yourself. How can replacing a headlamp bulb entail the dismantling of the whole front section of the car???

- The usual foibles of French cars - the suspension starts to get tired at 50,000+ I've replaced a broken spring and the trackrod ends.

- Oh and that wretched EGR valve on the diesel engine.



Any general opinions here, or am I just being cynical and my dad's is merely a "Friday Car"? I am maybe spoiled because I'm a VW/Audi man personally which feel like Sherman Tanks compared to any of my dad's Ren-Ohs.....but what do others think?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire