mercredi 26 mars 2014

1.9Dci Grand Scenic 2005 - excessive crankcase pressure

Hi Guys.



I've just bought this Renault Grand Scenic and on the drive home a 'Check Injection' light and the SERVICE light came on. I checked the schedule on the ECU and it tells me I've got 14,000 miles to go til I need a new one??



Anyway, that's a different story (which could possibly be related)... Read on...



Upon getting home after a 30 minute drive, I noticed a whiff of smoke come up out the vent in the engine bay which made me lift the bonnet. I tok the engine cover off and found that the 1" Crankcase breather pipe had been disconnected from the small disc type cylinder towards the back of the engine and turned to just point anywhere.



With the engine running, I could feel quite a bit of pressure coming out of this pipe, and then I took the Oil filler cap off and had the same problem there, although the header tank looked fine (not contaminated) and the inside of the filler cap had no mayo.



The car drives fine, with no smoke out the exhaust. It is a bit underpowered considering it's supposed to have 120bhp, which is leading me to believe there's something not quite right. Almost as if the turbo isn't putting in enough power, or something is retarding it in some way, or there's a dodgy reading.



Can someone possible give me a few pointers please? I've done nothing it it yet except take a look at the boost pressure solenoid/ sensor connections, but it's bl00dy tight in there - and hot - at the moment...



Thanks



Pabs




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire