mercredi 26 mars 2014

2009 (MK3) Megane Electrics

Morning All,

New to this...I just picked up a Megane Diesel Coupe on Saturday and since yesterday have had nothing but a headache.

It was raining overnight - So I don't know if this contributed to anything....

Keyless entry didn't work when I got to my wet car, I had to use the key to unlock the car.

Radio froze on one station - was trying to place a call (via Bluetooth), and nothing was happening, tried to change channel and nothing again. So I switched it off - It hasn't come on since. Stayed off (Well, the console on the top just say RENAULT and shows time and temperature).

When it stopped raining (mid afternoon)...I approached the car and keyless entry worked ok...BUT...again in the evening, it didn't...and a message "low battery" came on the dash. Started the car, took it for a drive...and the message disappeared. Keyless Entry and auto lock worked ok. At this point, I thought the radio (still not coming on) was draining the battery - so I took the fuse out.

Then this morning...Keyless entry not working. After a drive to work (40 mins) it started to work ok...I walked away from the car, it bleeped and locked. I double checked it by opening the door, and it opened.

Can someone please advise what it could be?



I don't know much about French cars - been a German owner for 5 years...but to me it may be an alternator, battery or power distributor (if there is such thing)...If it helps - the car came from a LARGE warehouse, where it possibly sat for a while and was switched on and off every now and then.



I don't want to take it to the garage unless I know top 3 things it could be - just to paint a picture, I'm a female...and because I look young, most mechanics give me a hefty bill.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire