mercredi 27 août 2014

Clio 172 brake setup onto 1999 1600 Megane

Good evening,



I've been searching the net but failed to find an answer to a question / idea I've got.



Background

I have a 1999 1600 16v Megane Coupe which has been stood for a number of years. I'm planning on using the car for sprints, trackdays and hopefully come racing later on. However, the front brakes are in need of attention. I'm unsure at the moment on whether it's got 238mm fronts or 280mm (can't get to the car at the moment). The car will run on 15" wheels.



Scenario and Question 1

If the car is currently fitted with the 280mm brakes, are the calipers the same as the 172? If not, would the 172 calipers be a direct replacement?



Scenarion and Question 2

If the car is currently fitted with 238mm brakes would a full setup from a 172 fit as a direct replacement?



I think the 238mm setup would be small for sustained track abuse.



Your assistance would be greatly received.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire