dimanche 31 août 2014

HELP Rear humming noise need second opinion

HELP I've had this annoying humming noise from my Clio dynamique 1.2 16v. It starts just over 20mph and seems loudest between 30 - 35mph. The pitch doesn't change on different road surfaces or alter when turning left or right and no wheel play at all.



I've read many threads and they all pointed to bad wheel bearings so I got them checked out. The mechanic just removed the rear wheels and took of the caps in the centre of the drum. He informed me that the bearings looked new but one was dry so his solution was to pack the two caps with grease saying it will seep in to the bearings in the next day or two and should quiet it down......I'm not convinced.



Obviously I suppose I need to give it a day or two to see if the grease does work but I can't see it happening. So other than bearings is there anything else I can check. Tyres are good also.



Cheers guys




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire