vendredi 29 août 2014

funny space saver motorbikin

Its not a renault but Ill try n run thru this as quickly as I can :)

I bought a car an audi tt mk1 ,comes with a space saver.

The tyre was shredded.

A replacement continental 125/70 r18 is available at about £52 sterling,in the renault forum discounted "tyretraders".



Today I decided to search for areplacement from scrappies.1 place had none around as they usually dump em :(

2nd place said there was a hi demand for em.. but they had none either !

full wheel n tyre replacement needs to be an a3/s3 2000-2003,tt 99-2006, vw golfs mk 4 might do also.



All I really want is a tyre.. very worn even:) as the wheel itself is serviceable.

I just dont likethe idea of paying a regular tyre price or one that is speed restricted.. may only be used once n so on:)

btw most places are more expensive than tyretraders and continental seem to be the only ones that make that car tyre size.



Sooo.

I went to a classic bike restoration place that isnt too far from where I am.

(Aside..theyre gettin in a circa late 70's honda 400 4 with an original honda 4into one pattern exhaust which pumps the value a lot.Price will be in excess of 3k.

While I wouldnt mind owning such a bike for the nostalgia value cos I had one,I sure wouldnt pay the same money as 2003 tt :d )



Back to the spacesaver: He pointed me towards a pile of used bike tyres and ..take whatever you want.



I went for a 130/70/18 .We tried to fit it on,got it on the rim eventually.This guy doesnt have one of those hydraulic machines,

However the beading wouldnt pop completely on one side even with 80 psi applied.

I gave him a tenner for the effort and will try with a car tyre fitter tomorrow or monday.



Before you say,motorcycle tyresarent designed for car wheels,the load rating would be all wrong.. etc.

These things I know , and I may end up sourcing a s saver original.. or ptooie .. actually buying a tyre :(.



If it works out it might be a cheap way of having ,a most likely illegal emergency spare(full size definitely wont fit in the wheelwell).

Dont do it!..well Id prefer a "dodgy" bike tyre spacesaver than one that runs on the rim.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire