samedi 30 août 2014

Renault Scenic I, whistling/wind-blowing-like noise

Hi there,



I am driving a Renault Scenic I('99) with 1.9 dTi engine, 72kw.

It's running 178k miles and was working pretty well, but now it started to do some weird stuff.

Few days ago I've noticed that a car starts whistling. It's not only this "whistling" sound, but also something like wind blowing through the open window(I guess draft is the word for this). This noise occurs when I'm driving with revs reaching 2500, around speeds of 40 to 55 MPH(did not try to run faster). The noise comes from somewhere behind the center of the dashboard and occurs even if I'm not accelerating. Anyway, it's practically gone when speeding below 40 MPH. I have not noticed any power loss or oil leaks on the ground under a car.



Any ideas what could be problem and where to look for it..?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire