jeudi 26 mars 2015

2005 Clio Low Power

Hi guys

My brothers 2005 1.2 16v clio (d4f 722) 89,000 miles.

The car is very noticeably down on power but sounds to be running sweet as a nut, and no misfires, its just absolutely gutless when you try to accelerate.

No engine management lights were thrown, but today I put it on the snap-on modus scan tool and got the code DF216-Throttle valve motor error.

I had previously noticed that with engine off,ignition on you could hear the throttle valve opening and closing with a loud click if I pressed the accelerator.

So I suppose my question is, has the throttle body had its day and is that what's causing the low power or is that just another unrelated problem!

Just to add I carried out a compression test yesterday and all cylinders had good compression.

Thanks for any help :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire