lundi 2 novembre 2015

Trafic LL29 DCi 115

Help!! I'm desperate for advice on what to do, I know nothing about engines or repair and think I'm being ripped off by the garage. I've had no problem with my Trafic for 5+years until the timing belt went in July.
I was recommended a garage who recovered and replaced the engine for £3200 (£2500 engine + £700 labour), he said it was a 55000 mile engine in perfect condition with 6 months warranty.
It now drives terrible it shakes and rattles, I've stalled a few times even on the motorway 3rd lane the engine was struggling and cut out. Every time I start the engine there is excessive blue smoke and smell from the exhaust. Mechanic said to go and buy Cataclean and use it, so I spent £18.60 on a tin, drove 300mile non-economically and still the smell and smoke is the same, then he said its the injectors and he would replace them at no cost.
Just over a week later my steering went just as I pulled off and liquid everywhere, he came got my car and replaced power steering pipe for £242. He also replaced 2 of the injectors(used from my old engine) and said I would have to bring back because he is waiting for the other injectors to arrive.
September M.O.T. time £156 he replaced tie rod end left and right. He also said he did the other injectors (I think he just cleaned not replaced) the smoke is still there to this date not as excessive but still there and now the steering feels awful really light and anything on the road would send the wheels in a different direction.
I replaced all the tyres before M.O.T. and 3 weeks later the fronts are bold. I took it back to him and he did the tracking without charge but I was still left with bold tyres.
On Friday my Trafic broke down again, I called him he recovered it and messaged this morning telling me my car is fixed and he wants £660 for replacing the alternator.
I cant afford to pay him anymore, if I pay this then I would have paid him £4276.64 since July and this is nearly half my annual income.
Please if anybody has any advice for me it will be very appreciated, should this cost be covered by the 6month warranty? the car drives and feels like crap, what can I do?


Trafic LL29 DCi 115

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire