mardi 26 août 2014

2011 Clio Dynamique Tom Tom engine seizure

Any advice on how to proceed?

My 2011 clio is 6 months outside its warranty.

A week ago the 'oil pressure fault' light came on without any warning (oil level was indicated as being correct although I didnt actually check it on the dipstick!!). I stopped driving and checked the manual for what this meant. I couldnt find anything in the manual so I restarted the engine (oil level indicator still said level OK).

Unfortunately i drove the car for 2 miles to get it to the nearest garage (11 am on a Saturday 2 hours before departing to go on holiday perhaps not thinking too rationally).......... and engine seized.

I have been told that a totally new engine is now required costing £6000 which is more than the value of the car (mileage 72,000 with spot on service history etc etc.).

Insurance wont pay.

Basically it would appear that I have lost everything as I cannot afford this!!!

Help?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire