lundi 25 août 2014

Clio 1.2 2002 16v limp home mode

Hi all,



Occasionally my Clio is slipping into Limp home mode. It has done 72k miles, and has recently had new coil pack, ht leads and caps, and plugs, due to a slight misfire. ECU steel crash box area has been inspected previously and inso taped to stop arcing, and re inspected at garage and no issues were apparent.



I noted today however there seems to be a very small misfire when coming off the throttle at high revs, which is when this limp home mode issue is occurring. It is always accompanied by the heartbeat/coil warning light.



It is also idling a bit strangely, and occasionally and sometimes rhythmically the revs will drop to about 600rpm then pick up to about 800 for a few seconds, and the cycle repeats its self. It will also occasionally but rarely, cut out at low revs mainly when full lock steering is applied one way or other.



I have tried it on my cheapie code reader which has pulled some things up in the past, but no codes at all this time. I may try to get it into DDC at Doncaster for the DF codes to be read. I have tried a quick fix of squirting carb cleaner down the intake but to no avail.



I was wondering if the throttle body / tps sensor could be at fault, I know tps is bonded to throttle body on these but ideally don't want to spend loads replacing it if its not at fault. If this is case, can anyone advise also if the method in the haynes is any good to relearn the values, after fitting a new throttle body?



Cheers



Chris




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire