lundi 25 août 2014

Gearbox failure, Megane II

Hi, I bought a new Renault Megane 1.6 petrol in January 2005. It has always been serviced on time and in accordance with Renault requirements by Renault garages. The vast majority of my mileage is motorway/A roads, so the gearbox is not over-used. Recently, at just 80,000 miles, the gearbox failed suddenly (fortunately just after a long motorway journey)... End result, a bill for over 3000 Euros (I was in France when it happened), equivalent to over £2600. I have never had a gearbox failure before on any car in 40 years of driving. This does not seem normal to me, given the relatively low mileage of the car, and it's use mainly in a non-urban environment. Has anyone else experienced a (costly) gearbox failure on a Megane?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire