mardi 26 août 2014

Laguna 3 Gearbox oil change, but gears still don't feel right...

Hi Guys.



I had my gearbox oil changed after it was suggested this could be the cause of a couple of my gears not wanting to engage smoothly (they are not crunching or slipping at all).



The garage advised the oil looked a little "dirty and thin" but nothing they thought was unusual. Following this on the way home (only 1/2 a mile) the gears do not feel any different after the change which makes me wonder a few things:



1) Does the oil take a while to bed into the gears? I.e it likely it will take a couple of decent drives to feel any difference as the oil gets spun and mixed around the gear box? Friday I will get a good run to work and back (30 miles total) and a trip to Heathrow to collect my wife (150 miles) but the next couple of days I am not going far if anywhere.



2) Is there an "ideal" revs for changing gear on a Laguna? I know it might sound stupid but on an old Primera I had changing gears at just over 2000rpm was always smoother than under 1800rpm for some reason. Makes me wonder if the Laguna is the same.



3) If not the oil what would be the next thing to look at? The clutch fluid seems okay and the filler tank looks full. As I said the gears do not grind or slip, they are just sometimes hard to engage as if they syncromesh is not working correctly. It is normally on 1st to 3rd I really notice it.



Any thoughts or comments/ideas would be welcomed.

Andy




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire