vendredi 1 août 2014

P0302 Fixed By Coil Pack Replacement

Hi All,



No response required thank you, just posting my recent experience so that others may benefit.



I have a 2004 Clio II 1.2 D4F engine with 72000 on the clock.



I got an intermittent misfire at idle and 1st / 2nd but strangely not in 3rd or 4th. MIL and code reader gave me misfire cylinder #2 (P0302).



I suspected spark or fuel and not air because of the specific cylinder diagnosis and, at first, figured the coil must be OK if it works during some of the speed/load range and mostly at idle.



However, being lazy and the fact that the coil packs are fairly cheap (£40) and easy to replace in 20 minutes, I went for this first. It turns out this fixed the problem.



If you have similar symptoms I would go for the coil pack first. If wrong you could probably recoup by selling your coil pack on eBay. There are two versions: a 3 screw and a 4 screw mounting. Make sure you have the right one before you leave the shop.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire