vendredi 8 août 2014

Renault grand espace " service required now" flashin spanner! HELP

Hi all ( again )

I got my car June last year and didnt start driving properly til recently as I got it before I passed driving test!

The last service was June of last year and since then I have done 3100 miles!

I started with a flashing spanner that went off after engine started; this was 11 months after I ha the car! Then last week the spanner remained on and now today I am getting " SERVICE REQUIRED NOW" spread across the dash board in text!

I can't find the infamous 18k trip number on the mileage display etc to be able to reset it so I can only assume it hasn't been set or that the last garage went by date rather than mileage which would explain why the spanner started flashing in June!

In the manual it states to stop immediately when you see service; so I'm now all paranoid to drive it! As you guessed; I'm not too confident with this car so need a lot of friendly help and advice!



Can you please explain what I do? And share your experiences?

The service history shows it was serviced at least every year but on one occasion there was around 15 months between servicing so the previous owners would have experienced this warning too providing the car is programmed by date of servicing rather than miles!

Some people don't even have their card serviced so can you tell me how imperative it is with my car please???



Best wishes




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire