vendredi 26 septembre 2014

2001 Clio Key Replacement

Hi Guys,



I have a 2001 clio (MKII I believe)



Last week the key got stuck in the ignition barrel and no matter what it can't be ripped out. More than 1 pin must have collapsed inside.



I'm buying a new barrell and key, but I really don't want to pay for recoding it. I still have the black part of the key.



Now this is where I might sound dumb; Can I use the new key to start the car as it fits the ignition barrell? And use the black part of the old key to open the doors?



I had the same problem with one of my old cars and was able to swap the key chips in the keys so it worked fine.



Are you able to swap key chips in Clio keys like mines?



Any help would be amazing! I'm a broke student so every little helps :)



Steve




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire