mardi 30 septembre 2014

Should I buy a cheap scenic II?

Hi there, My wife has just had an accident which has written off our 8 year old Volvo v50. After the insurance has paid off the remaining finance we're left with about £1400. Rather than taking out fresh finance we're considering just seeing what we can buy for that. We're dog owners so need an estate type car with a separate compartment for Doogle our 8 year old bearded collie. Perusing the auto trader, there's not much around in the same price bracket which offers the same level of equipment for the money as a Scenic II - I love the panoramic roof, I like the style of the car and the fact that relatively low mileage examples can be picked up reasonably cheap.



BUT.



I also hear horror stories of dodgy electrics ruining the experience - I'm fairly handy and don't mind fixing stuff if I have to, but I DON'T want to be shelling out hundreds of pounds for expensive electrical diagnostics.



Given that I can buy a (high mileage, boring but very reliable) Skoda Octavia estate for the same money - should I go with my heart and buy the Scenic? How bad exactly is the reputation. What percentage of cars display these faults? How easy are they to fix?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire