mardi 30 septembre 2014

remove cylinder head on megane

OK lads, the first thread for this car was replacing a timing belt. That was successful with a lot of help on this forum. The upshot is that the car survived the broken belt with what sounds like one or two fluffy exhaust valves. It starts first time and drives but emboldened by my success I'm taking off the head and fixing my valve problem. Got someone local who will do a valve restoration for £40-00 and replacement at £6-00 per valve and skim the head, just in case, for £42-00, they've been in this business for 30 years so I'm going for it.

First off I got some cracking tips here that made life so much easier and I'm hoping for the same, so what's the skinny on this job, are there any similar good tips for me on this procedure.

One thing I'm curious about, Haynes says I need to drain the water and oil. I understand the water but is my oil not likely to be simply lying in the sump, why do I need to drain it ?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire