lundi 29 septembre 2014

New to Renault and Clio

Hello there. I'm still finding my way around this forum so please excuse any gaffs. I've just bought my first Renault (a 2001 Clio 1.2). This is a particularly nice car with only 53,000 miles on the clock. On my test drive, the sun roof didn't creak nearly as much as others I have driven. Maybe this is an indication of how little rust there is in the sills.

I paid the dealer extra to replace the cam belt, water pump, and gearbox torque arm before I purchased, and they threw in a free service and MOT, plus a few other minor bits at no charge. :d



I used to be a Citroen GS man some years ago so know the charms of French cars, even though they are less weird/characterful (take your pick) than I remember pre 1980s. :crazy:



I really like the Clio. It feels a bit like my old Nova in the handling department when you chuck it about:devil:, except for the Clio's less tired shocks and more placed feel on the road. The smaller engine of my Clio is quite sweet if lacking the Nova's midrange stomp and hill climbing ability, but you can only expect so much from 1149cc. Improved fuel economy is one benefit I am hoping for. I'm also enjoying cruising at a more sensible pace and being able to actually hear my car sound system, which is very good in the Clio for a factory fitting.:cool:



An added bonus is the tape player, which many on here wish to replace. :confused:

I was pleasantly surprised at how good this unit is. The owners manual makes reference to the high quality of the tape head and recommends top spec tapes. Fortunately I have a good collection of such cassettes recorded on a Nakamichi. If anyone in the westcountry still has a good player gathering dust in the cupboard I wouldn't mind taking it off you as a spare. :d



No issues yet to report, but perhaps I have much to learn from here!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire