jeudi 25 septembre 2014

Diff bearing, Drive Shaft or something else.

I have had my Laguna II on the drive for 3 years after I killed the clutch.



I habe found several issues of the Diff bearings amd Drive shafts going but no ones explaining how or what caused it.



I was driving to a round about and thinking I was in 4th i changed down when a car shot on the round about. Sadly I was in second so slamed the car into first! Woops....



Anyway, there's no weird noises im neutral, no noise when the clutch is pressed down. The only time a noise happens is when the clutch is up amd in ANY gear. It sounds like a dodgey shaft to me but i can't take the car apart untill i roughly know how to test and order parts.



So bassed on my dodgey late night driving, is that a common cause for any of the two usual issues?



Renault claimed they took the gearbox oil out and it had some slight contamination. But a 10 year old car will always have contamination so not sure how accurate their diagnosis is. Anyway, they wanted 3300 for a new box!



Car is a 2.0 Laguna II 03 NX03VNV if it helps.



Aaron.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire