lundi 29 septembre 2014

intermittent missfire megane 1.5dc1 2005

Hi I have just bought a Megane 1.5dci expression 2005 that has had a timing belt and a full service just before i bought it. I drove it about 10 miles ok and put some fuel in and drove another mile ok.



On driving in to my street in 3rd gear I noticed the engine was a bit lumpy and thought i had it in the wrong gear. i changed to 2nd and the problem cleared.



On driving away later I kept car in 2nd and noticed the judder again. as soon as i altered the throttle it cleared but I noticed a bit of smoke that smelled like fuel. The car is fine on the open road and at tickover with no smoke and plenty of power.



I plugged car in to a diagnostic computer that came up with code 0670 as this relates to the glow plugs i do not think this is relevant but while under the bonnet i noticed air in the fuel line from the hand primer to the filter but I had another look today and the fuel line looked fine until i stopped the engine and left it a few minutes.



I then saw the pipe almost fill up with air so checked to see if there were any fuel leaks. access is limited behind the headlight but all appeared to be fine.



Is this likely to be the cause of my judder or is it normal? Any advice would be very welcome




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire