dimanche 26 octobre 2014

Noisy Alternator/Auxiliary belt?

Hey there guys!



Yesterday I noticed a noise and today I checked to see where the noise was coming from. It seems as if it is coming from the alternator or auxiliary belt (tensioners, Water pump, etc)



The belt looks in good condition and runs smoothly, so I am thinking it could possibly be bearings from any of the tensioners, water pump, alternator etc.



The noise sounds like something catching/not running smoothly. I had a similar sounding noise when I had the radiator fan go on my old Fiat Punto. The noise gets louder with higher revs but as the engine idles or holding a speed at 30mph for example, the noise is barely audible. My thinking it's a bearing gone along the auxiliary belt somewhere?



If the bearing in the alternator has gone, would the noise increase with revs?



Thanks,

Allen.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire