mardi 24 février 2015

Clio PH1 infra red central locking

My trusty/rusty Renault Clio Ph1 has had a lot of time and money spent on it in the last 12 months to keep it going.



Part of this has been repairing the sun roof and the leaking areas. Previous leaks had affected the airbag ECU which I've replaced and got working again, the floor pan which I've had welded and the carpets which I've had to take out and allow to dry and clean.



They have also seem to have affected the infra-red receiver near the cabin light because the central locking doesn't work.



I didn't mind so much to begin with, but the drivers door lock seems to be wearing out now (as it locks the car but won't unlock it with the key) so I'm getting a bit tired of having to unlock from the passenger side, then press the central locking button to unlock the other doors (this still works) before walking around to get in the drivers side.



So far I have:

-Replaced the batteries in the key

-Tried reprogramming the key to the system

-I've tried 3 different second hand receivers (I refuse to pay £90 for a new infra red receiver from Renault, one of the second hand ones must work)



And it still doesn't work.



I put the original receiver back in the car as sometimes this one works for maybe half an hour then it gives up again for months at a time so I figure the receiver may be working to some extent.





Can anyone advise me on what I should look at next?



Where does the wiring from the receiver lead to? Could the problem be there?



Thanks for the help.

Rob




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire