vendredi 27 février 2015

EPB Completely Dead?

Hi,



One morning, when starting my 2006 Scenic 1.6, I was greeted with a beep and "Parking Brake Fault". The parking brake would not release, so in order to drive to work I had to pull the handle in the boot, which released the handbrake/parking brake.



Before that morning it would come up with "Parking Brake Fault" on a hill, but not on the flat.



Since pulling the handle, I still have "Parking Brake Fault", and the parking brake will not engage, either automatically or with the handle, and the messages "Parking brake off" and "Check parking brake" are my constant companions. Pulling the manual handle on the dash does nothing, and carrying out the reset sequence detailed in other posts in this forum also does nothing. There is no noise from the motor at all under any circumstances.



I took the car to an auto electrician, who did a diagnostic and said that there was an internal fault within the module, and a low voltage warning as well. I will get a new battery fitted after the weekend.



Does this definitely look like a dead module, which will need to be replaced with a new unit or repaired by a certain company?



Any advice would be appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire