mercredi 25 février 2015

Timing Belt Snapped?

Hi



Today whilst driving around a roundabout my engine made a very heavy clunking noise and I lost all power, the engine then cut out.



I did try to restart but as soon as it did it just cut out again so i left it, called a recovery truck and got towed home.



As luck would have it (might aswell find a bright side in all of this) a man who was walking passed the roundabout approached me, advised he used to be a mechanic (retired now) and said it sounded like your timing belt has snapped.The only way to check is to look at the belt behind the housing. However on my clio dci the housing is bolted in place by a large metal bracket with 4 16mm bolts it seems.



Is it a case of just removing this bracket or do i need to be wary about this and approach with caution?



Any advice appreciated




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire