samedi 28 février 2015

Megane 1.5 dci FAP 110 EDC - air in fuel pipes!

Hi,



I just got a used Megane (110 hp) 30K miles, end of 2010 production. I did drive it a bit around town and noticed it spends a lot of fuel. That was not the least of my concerns as the first time i took a longer ride after about 25 minutes the car started loosing power (cutting off) and after doing that on and off for about a minute it showed me "engine failure hazard" sing :banghead . So I stopped, got the car to the dealer and they fixed it in about 2-3 hours. They told me it was the fuel filter that caused air to go in in the fuel lines. I do remember seeing air bubbles in the fuel lines. The car runs smoothly for now, but I still see air bubbles there. I did about 50 miles and the bubbles still appear when i press the accelerator pedal in neutral and sometimes one or two of them "float" in the fuel pipes. I am afraid it is going to happen again, although the service guy told me it is a normal residue after filter change.



The other thing is I barely get 29mpg in town drive (with about 35% of ride in 50-60 mph limit roads). I know i do a lot of short rides so the engine does not warm up properly, but the place i live is flat, and the traffic is not horrible. I really try to be light on the pedal so this just feels way too much for such a tiny engine that actually has decent(ish) power.



Anyone had similar experience? I could use any advice, as i payed some good money on lightly used car in hopes to avoid this kind of problems and so far i think i will never buy a Renault in my life again.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire